About Us / Product Details
Metta Mats is committed to making the world's most vibrant, highest performing, environmentally friendly yoga mats. We make all of our mats in our own shop in Philadelphia, in a clean, air-conditioned, and happy work environment. Our goal is to fuse this art with yoga to help inspire openness, mindfulness, and growth throughout your practice.
We believe in supporting art and free expression. 25% of every sale goes directly towards each independent artist.
We believe in ethically sourced materials and sweat-shop free production. We purchase our production materials from companies with a good track record of ethically sourced materials and we make each mat with our own hands in Philadelphia in a safe work environment. Each mat is from our hands to yours - We believe it's good to know where your products are made and that they are made in safe conditions.
We believe in supporting independent content creators. We do not advertise our products by paying money to huge corporations for paid ads. We instead sponsor yoga challenges and send mats to avid yogis that are a part of the community.
Our Metta Mats
Our mats are made with a natural tree rubber base and the artwork is printed on a layer of fabric adhered to the rubber. The fabric is then fully encased inside of an organic, environmentally-friendly material that protects the artwork, accentuates the colors, and has the perfect amount of grip. The grip surface has a supple, rubbery feel that is very durable and easy to wash clean. We spent years developing this unique surface material for our mats.
Other Features of Note
- The surface has a supple, grippy texture that is completely waterproof. Sweat can easily be washed or rinsed right off the mat
- 5 lbs; 72” long; 24” wide; 4 mm thick
- The mat's base is made from natural tree-based rubber and the surface material is LEED certified, water-based grip surface that is very durable.
- The dense natural rubber base is designed for joint protection and versatility on carpet, cement or hardwood floors. The bottom of the rubber is cast with a grid surface that prevents the mat from sliding on the floor.
- Latex and PVC free.
Use & Care
- • To Store or Travel: Roll your Metta Mat image side facing outwards. Prolonged storage rolled inward will result in the edges curling, however this can be easily fixed by rolling the mat the other way.
- • To Break In: No break in required for your Metta Mat, but you will notice the surface become a little "sticky" feeling with use, however no less grippy.
- • To Clean: We recommend using any organic household cleaner and a damp cotton cloth or sponge. Diluted Vinegar is an excellent cleaner. DO NOT USE BLEACH. You can also easily hose the mat off with water hose.
- DO NOT PUT it in the washing machine. Please hang or air dry. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight. DO NOT DRY in a machine drier. Avoid abrading or scrubbing your Metta Mats surface.
- Please note that you should not use essential oils to clean your mat - they will not damage the surface, but the oil that stays on the mat will create a thin oil-slick that will lesson the grip.
- • If you are ever unsure of a cleaning method, feel free to contact us for the best recommendations and advice for cleaning.